CRIMSON PEAK will opening the 18th annual Roger Ebert Film Festival in Champagne, Illinois, on April 13, with del Toro appearing as a special guest.
In a quote from Variety, festival host Chaz Ebert said, “I am so excited to welcome Guillermo to Ebertfest. In addition to his talent as a filmmaker, he is one of those gracious and gregarious filmmakers like Quentin Tarantino who likes to discuss movies and often finds new insights. I know our audience will love him.”
The festival, founded in 1999 by journalist Roger Ebert, celebrates films that did not receive the recognition they deserved during their original runs. According to the festival’s website, “the festival gives these films and their filmmakers a well-deserved second look.”
- Festival passes usually sell out in January or February.
- Individual tickets go on sale Friday April 1, 2016 at the Virginia Theater (217-356-9063).
- Ticket Prices: $15 for each screening; students & seniors $13 each.
- All the films are shown in the historic Virginia Theatre.
- A Festival Pass ($150) gives you entrance to ALL screenings
- Buy Festival Passes online here